Great for stocking fillers, our 100% wildflower seed packets available are in recycled and recyclable envelopes containing 100% wildflower seeds.
How to plant your seeds
You can sow your seeds from March to May, or in September if your soil is light and well-drained. They prefer an open position in full sun.
- Prepare the ground by clearing away all existing plants and grass. It’s particularly important to remove perennial weeds such as nettles.
- Dig the soil over and firm it well before raking to create a level seed bed. Don’t use any fertilisers as these encourage grass growth and will crowd out the flowers.
- It’s best to allow up to 6 weeks for the soil to settle. This will allow any seed weeds to germinate which can then be removed.
- One of our packets contains around 3-5g of seeds, which is enough for about 1 square metre of soil.
- Rake the area lightly after sowing and if you can, cover with netting to protect from cats and birds. Make sure the soil is kept moist during hot, dry periods for the best germination.